Relentless Courage: Special Edition
Relentless Courage: Ukraine and the World at War
- Carol Guzy, four-time Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist
- Lynsey Addario, Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist and New York Times bestselling author
- Paula Bronstein, award-winning photojournalist and Pulitzer Prize finalist
- Justyna Mielnikiewicz, award-winning photojournalist
- Svet Jacqueline, award-winning photojournalist
- and 20+ other world-renowned photojournalists
Moving essays, published in both English and Ukrainian, by:
- Foreword by the Ukrainian ambassador to the United States, Oksana Markarova. Markarova provides an overview of how this war has shaken her country and what democracy and freedom mean to her people.
- Award-winning Ukrainian author Andrey Kurkov. Ukraine’s most famous living writer, Kurkov provides an emotional, heartfelt reflection on what’s happening to his country in relation to the pictures displayed in the book.
- Pulitzer Prize winner and personal photographer to President Gerald Ford, David Hume Kennerly. Kennerly speaks to the emotional and physical risk photojournalists take in covering war alongside their mission to show truth.
As Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskyy said in his address to U.S. Congress, Russia “went on a brutal offensive against our values, basic human values. It threw tanks and planes against our freedom, against our right to live freely in our own country, choosing our own future, against our desire for happiness, against our national dreams, just like the same dreams you have, you Americans.” Relentless Courage delivers a gripping, visual portfolio of images that remind us of our shared humanity, what is right, and what’s at stake when independence and freedom come under attack.
support local bookstores when you shop at